12.11.08

White Chocolate Rocky Road, a christmas treat

at least in our house only eat it at christmas :)

this came from another forum but i'm not sure who originally posted it - thank you if you're reading! (all comments below belong to the original poster) this is a family favourite after a few christmases!

White Chocolate Rocky Road

400g good quality white chocolate
100g packet white marshmallows, halved
200g milk chocolate Toblerone, roughly chopped
150g rose flavoured Turkish Delight, chopped
1 cup roasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup dessicated cocnut

Line a 3cm deep, 11cm x 25.5cm lamington pan with baking paper.
Break white chocolate into squares. Place in heatproof microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered for 3-5mins on medium power, stirring every min with metal spoon or until meltd and smooth. Set aside to cool for 5 mins.
Add marshmallows, turkish delight, toblerone, nuts and coconut. Mix until well combined. Spread mixture into pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.

That is the official recipe but I'm slack and changed it a bit to make it easier. I just used choc melts and marshmallows that were pink & white. Instead of the turkish delight I used raspberry lollies. I only put 1 toblerone in too. I didn't actually measure anything - just guestimated!!! and the coconut got forgotten totally so I just sprinkled some on top. It still turned out alright.
This is the type of recipe that you can just change to suit you. You could use choc turkish delight, dried fruit like mango/pawpaw/cranberries or other lollies. Very simple but yummy!!!

2 comments:

Brodie Bears Blog said...

Yum Brazen. Any idea how long this keeps for? Thinking of adding it to my xmas hampers for the girls at childcare.

Thermomixer said...

OMG - I am sure that ain't in no Core Plan and I can't imagine how many kms I'd have to ride a bike to shave some of this of my btm. :((

Sounds decadent - COMPLETELY - nice. There's always new year for that diet/exercise regimen. ;)