20.7.09

Strawberry Cake (GF, TMX)

Making a few changes from this recipe I made a delicious cake - even though I halved the sugar I still found it so sweet I'd call it a cake not a bread. Plus I"ll be tempted to put even less sugar in next time.

1 punnet (around 250g) hulled strawberries
490g gluten free plain flour *
1 tsp. bicarb soda
good pinch salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla essence
200g sugar (forgot to weigh this sorry, have guestimated)
4 eggs
200g grapeseed oil


place strawberries in thermomix bowl and chop gently on speed 4 for a few seconds. remove from bowl.

add all other ingredients and mix on speed 4 until just mixed. add strawberries and mix through on reverse speed 2-3 until mixed in without being chopped more.

bake at around 180' for 35-45 mins (i made 2 smallish loaves and mine were done in around 30-35 mins)

* I make my own using the recipe in the Gluten Free Wheat Free cookbook

No comments: