Banana Bread from Taste
1 large loaf
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 65g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
- Butter and honey, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base of a 900ml loaf pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar with 1 teaspoon of salt into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, oil and vanilla.
- Add to the dry ingredients with banana and pecan and fold until just combined - do not overmix.
- Place into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove, and slice thickly. Serve spread with butter and drizzled with honey.
delicious. - February 2004 , Page 88
Recipe by Valli Little