this will be tonight's dinner - means i have to cut up the whole scotch fillet though, ugh, i hate that job lOL
cool name huh?! *lol* this is a fantastic recipe from an online friend in Hawaii
1 pound (450g) sirloin tip steak, trimmed of fat and sliced thin
1/2 tspn paprika
1/4 tspn each salt, pepper, garlic powder
1 tab plain flour
1 1/4 cup water or beef stock (i find 1 more than enough)
2 tabs bbq sauce
2 tspn brown sugar
1/2 tspn dried thyme
1 large green capsicum, seeded and sliced into rings
1 medium onion, sliced into rings
4 large soft bread rolls
* place steak in a medium bowl and sprinkle with paprika, S&P, and garlic powder. Add flour and toss to coat all sides.
* spray a large non stick pan with cooking spray. add steak and cook over medium high heat until lightly browned and no longer pink. add broth, bbq sauce, brown sugar and thyme. stir and bring to the boil. reduce heat to low. cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
* add capsicum and onion, cover and simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally (I find i need to leave the lid off to thicken the sauce)
* if mixture is too saucy, continue to simmer, uncovered, util most of the liquid has evaporated.
* serve on warm rolls. serves 4