However, a lot of the recipes are not written clearly enough for him to understand and follow. So I'm gradually rewriting the recipes he likes to make them Ryan - friendly (hence kids-friendly and ASD-friendly too). I'll create a new tag for these easy to follow recipes. If i mess anything up please let me know!
this morning's breakfast is these pancakes, which i can't believe i haven't converted and posted yet lol we call them "white" pancakes because he doesn't like the "brown" ones aka buckwheat ;)
I like to add a delcious (red or golden) apple or two into the mix at the end and chop at speed 4, it's delicious!
150g brown or white rice flour
30g tapioca starch
45g potato starch
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
60g rice bran oil
500g rice milk (or buttermilk)
1 teaspoon vinegar (leave out if using buttermilk)
1. Place flour, starches, sugar, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum into the thermomix. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
2. Break an egg into a cup, if it smells ok put it in the thermomix, then do the same with the second egg.
3. Add the oil, milk and vinegar. Mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds. Scrape the sides of the thermomix bowl down with a spatula and mix on speed 4 for another 5-10 seconds.
4. Heat large frypan over a medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
5. Pour about ½ cup of batter into the frypan and cook until bubbles form on top. Then using an egg flip carefully turn the pancake over.
6. Cook for a few minutes until brown underneath and serve.
Photo by Ryan :)