these were surprisingly yummy! (i didn't trust the book for some reason lol) the only change i made was to use a 7 grain mix in place of breadcrumbs as mine smelled rancid - i hate bought breadcrumbs! (yes i know i could make my own but i either don't have stale bread or i forget about them in my freezer lol)
the mix was very sloppy and i think they might be better baked in a hot oven than fried.
we had ours with homemade tabouli and hommus (i didnt follow those recipes exactly but mostly. i used quinoa in the tabouli and it was pretty awful to be honest. though it might have been the old lemon that tastes bleh...)
as i had never used this book prior to this it is one that is going! who wants it?
the thermomix "recipe":
"recipe" because i wasn't very good at noting down what i did - especially after having to wait half an hour in the middle as i only had half the chickpeas i needed! lol oh and the reason the hommus looks like cement is because i used black tahini paste!
3 peeled garlic cloves
1 medium onion, quartered
2-3 sprigs parsley
2 x 310 can chickpeas, drained ****
5g dry breadcrumbs
1 1/2 tspns gluten flour
1 tspn cumin
1 tspn ground coriander
1/2 tspn salt
2 tabs breadcrumbs, extra **
1 tab oil
- chop garlic on speed 6 for 5 seconds
- scrape down, add onions and parsley and chop on speed 6 for 2 seconds
- scrape down and chickpeas and chop on speed 6 for around 5-10 seconds
- add remaining ingredients, except extra breadcrumbs and oil and mix on speed 6 for 5-10 seconds or until smooth
- shape into 24 balls *** and coat in extra breadcrumbs
- heat oil in non-stick frying pan and cook over medium heat until golden brown - OR in hot oven until golden brown
- serve in pitta bread with tabouli, hummus and salad. allow 4 per person
**** i'm not really sure what to say here - i used 1.5 420g tins of chickpeas but discovered that the liquid is actually included in the weight of the tin!!! so not sure how many g of chickpeas i actually had...
** i needed heaps more
*** i only made about 12-15 lol oops
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i am so over blogger posting my pics at their original sizes - am i the only one with this problem???? THANKS MOUSEY!