17.4.09

Loaves & Fishes (Pumpkin Loaf - GF)

well OK, no fishes here!

but today i wasn't feeling so good because I had my gastroscopy yesterday (results in a week). i didn't feel like doing any housework (when do i ever? lol) so i decided to cook up the bananas i had instead of wasting them again. I also had heaps of pumpkin because i'd bought a 6kg pumpkin at Choku Bai Jo last weekend. so I jumped onto Taste and found 2 recipes to try.

Pumpkin Loaf
and
Banana Bread

the Pumpkin Loaf was a hit with all of us, despite me stuffing up the recipe due to my inability to think today LOL (i transferred ingredients from the banana bread recipe to the pumpkin loaf recipe). The banana bread on the other hand was not a hit with anyone. which is not to say it's bad (it also got 5* on Taste) but i am really fussy about banana bread and am still looking for my perfect recipe. this was not it.

Here are the ingredients *I* put in the pumpkin loaf (as opposed to what was meant to go in it lol). of course i did it all in the thermomix but was not in the state of mind to actually write a conversion.


* 650g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded (i cut up this much of kent pumpkin but only used about half of it to get one cup)
* 100g butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (could get away with less)
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup Gluten free self-raising flour (I used a brand which contained soy)
* 1 cup buckwheat flour
* 1 cup gluten free plain flour
* 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (didn't have any, forgot to grind them before starting the cake)
* plus i had to add maybe 1/4 cup milk to make up for adding the extra cup of flour!

1 comment:

Thermomixer said...

Good luck with the results - hope it's all clear.

LOL about mixing the recipes - I did the same recently when I had 3 on the go. Had no excuses about gastroscopies tho', just stoopid.

Wonder if the TMX chops the banana too much compared with the old methods?

I made some chicken croquettes the other day - will go back there to comment.