gluten free, thermomix recipes from karen aka brazen, based in canberra australia
Lemon Curd (thermomix)
another great idea for christmas gifts.
originally posted on forumthermomix by caroline
makes 1 jar
75 g caster sugar
juice and finely grated zest of large, juicy lemon (i used 2 medium)
2 large eggs
50 g unsalted butter
i also added a small amount cornflour but not sure it was necessary
1. Put all the ingredients in the TM bowl. Mix 15 seconds on Speed 6.
2. Scrape down the sides with the spatula
3. Insert the whisk. Cook 4 minutes at 80'C on Speed 4
4. If it hasn't thickened enough, continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
5. Pour into sterilised jars and seal.
Tips/Hints: I got this recipe from the UK Fast and Easy Cooking book. I made a double batch, and it took an extra 3 minutes of cooking time. Great recipe if you like to really taste the lemon. If you prefer a sweeter lemon curd, use the Australian recipe
according to the google i did lemon curd is good on scones or with gingerbread :)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Looks good - wish I still had access to lemons. They used to be given away to people and in my little house now we just have a baby Meyer which has not produced fruit. :(
Post a Comment