here's another i can't believe i haven't posted on here. this was given to mum by a family friend and while it is a little fiddly and time consuming it is perfect for christmas. be careful when they're in the oven as they overcook easily!
the kids like to help me cut them out
These cookies are lovely and spicy (even though there's no spice in them *lol*)
1 lb (approx 1 kg) SR flour
1/2 lb (approx 250g) brown sugar
2 tabs treacle
1/2 lb (approx 250g) butter or cooking margarine
1 tspn bicarb soda
(add 1/2 tspn cream of tartar if you only have plain flour)
jam - raspberry or whatever flavour you prefer.
* rub butter into the dry ingredients
* mix to a paste with the egg & treacle
* knead well
* roll out (quite thin) and cut into rounds (or stars would be perfect for christmas!)
* cook in a mod oven (190-200'c / 375-400'F) for 10-15 minutes
* while warm stick two cookies together with jam (raspberry or whatever you like!)