100g (1 cup) cocoa powder
220g (1 cup) caster sugar
240g (3/4 cup) raspberry jam
4 eggs, beaten lightly
1 tspn vanilla
185g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
1/4 tspn bicarb (baking) soda
250g cream cheese
75g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
1/2 tspn vanilla
135g (1 cup) frozen or fresh raspberries
- preheat oven to 160'c. grease a lamington pan
- meltbutter. whisk in cocoa and cook til bubbling. remove from heat and whisk in sugar and jam. add eggs and vanilla, stir until smooth. fold in combine flour and soda. spread into pan.
- swirl topping: beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. fold in raspberries.
- spoon swirl topping over chocolate mix. using a spoon or knife swirl to give marble effect
- bake 35 mins. cool in oven with door ajar
AWW April 2006
review: made these to give to mum for mothers day. LOVE the idea of the raspberries in it and the jam too but wasn't keen on this recipe. i have another similar recipe (that is supposed to be a slice, this was really nothing like brownies) which is a much nicer recipe and i think i might try it with the berries. even the girls weren't keen on it.